Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Weekends song.

Last weekend I was in school so I was staying in my grandma house – she lives closer to the school and grandpa wakes up early and can give me a drive by car so I can get to school within 5 minutes. It really makes a difference, especially when the school starts at 7:40 and your biological clock is set to wake up near noon.

Of course I had trouble falling asleep friday night (routine change, different bed and pillow, a lot of unfamiliar sounds - grandma lives near a highway) but this time I didn't care much. I was laying on the bed and looking through the window till about 1 am (my usual bedtime is 2–3am) because there was supposed to be a meteor shower. But I didn't see any, the light pollution was too much and also the event itself was a big fail. Apperently there was only 10/zhr instead of predicted 200–1000.

Surprisingly I have had no trouble waking up. I was already awake when the alarm on my tablet ticked at 6:40 but I decided to lay a little longer – till mobile phone alarm ticks at 6:55 (I set both because I don't trust android devices). It never did. At 6:57 I decided to check the mobile phone and found battery totally drained – not good, it was at 100% at 23:30 when I unplugged it to charge tablet.
So I went to kitchen, plugged mobile phone so it charges a little (it ended up charging to 80% within 30mins, not good) and prepared to school. Grandpa was already awake so he gave me a ride.

School was OK. I got an A from my project although it wasn't perfect at all. I misunderstood the teacher and it ended up that the project I was working over for last 3 weeks to make it perfect isn't what I was supposed to do and I had to present a half way save from the time I was still following the right track. It was also nearly flawless, just lacked some visual improvements I added later. The worst thing is I already got an A from paresenting the half way file 3 weeks ago... I spent 15minutes trying to explain to the teacher that he already seen the file so grading it again is pointless and he should see my finished project instead but he didn't listen to me.

The day was hot. Over 30°C. Even I was able to wear only a sleeveless t-shirt and knee lenght pants. What's more the smell of air and the look of clouds was a clear sign there is a thunderstorm coming in the afternoon or evening.

After school I went to a shop to look for a new battery for my mobile phone (I had to plug it to a USB in school again because the battery got drained very fast) but they didn't have one. Lame shopkeeper even showed me a battery bigger than my mobile phone wondering if it is going to fit. Lol. So lame.

I spent in the shopping center 1,5h but in the end I didn't find anything I would want to buy. They didn't even have my favorite spinach bread and since I was hungry I had to buy a sour cabbage bread instead. When I left the center I got positively surprised. It was still hot but the Sun hidden behind dark clouds and wind started to blow. A thunderstorm was close.

Is started a few minutes after I left the building. Nice wind blows and beautiful lightnings. There was two thunderstorms at the same time – one on north and one on south-west (which happen to be where my house is – too bad I couldn’t be there). I could clearly see some lightning’s but almost all the rain missed me. A light rain started when I was already close to my grandma house but it was all. It ended soon and the street didn’t even get wet – it was so hot the rain was drying as soon as it hit the ground.

There was some more thunderstorms passing during the day but there was no rain and the weather was still hot. Looking at the radars on my tablet I realized there were training storms passing a route from north-east to south-west so they all missed my grandma house from north-west and they all hit my house at full force. At lightning detectors I could see 3 lightning’s hit ground within 1km radius from my house and when my mom called me later I acknowledged there was a lot of rain and some hail there (not like it was a surprise – I seen it on radars hours before she called me) and my garden is literally soaked in the water.    

Once I told my grandma and aunt (which happen to be there – she lives upper floor in the same building as grandma) there won’t be any more rain (I could see the track on my radar) my aunt decided to invite some quests and make a garden party. I stayed inside the house (the thunderstorms got weaker and went a little more north-west so they were not so fun to watch anymore) and tried to fix my mobile phone. I uninstalled all the apps, set settings to default and while checking if the battery fixed somehow I started to look for a mobile phone wallpaper using my tablet. Then I realized the tablet is draining battery fast too. Not as fast as mobile phone but it was still 1% every a few mins. And it was getting hot fast.

I got a panic attack. I started to check mobile phone and tablet constantly and everytime battery of any of them dropped my emotions were getting worse. I realized my mobile phone is very hot too and well – dropping 30% within 20 minutes despise of no apps installed wasn’t normal at all! I could stand if it was only mobile phone – I am thinking about buying a new one anyway. But tablet is a new thing (8 months old) and the battery is builded in so I wouldn’t be able to change it if it was broken and the tablet is a thing I am somehow addicted to because I use it to watch anime and read manga for a few hours everyday!  

Then my aunt came to bring me some barbeque meat. I got angry that she is disturbing me when I am busy thinking about the batteries problem. I made an angry sound similar to a dogs grown and yelled at her “You are disturbing me”. Then my uncle came and told me to join them. I told him I am busy but he told me to get a break from the electronic stuffs. I told him there is a problem with them and I just can’t let it go but then I realized I am not alone –There was at least 8 people there,  at least 4 of them had android devices and at least one (my uncle) knew a lot about android. They might help.

So I took my phone and come to them, describing what the matter is. As I supposed they told me I might have too many apps installed but I told them I uninstalled everything I could. Then they told me I have to uninstall more but I knew it isn’t the deal – I basically got only 1 app running and I always use it. Then they told me to let it go and tried to stop me from looking at the phone battery status all the time. I couldn’t help it. I was doing it all the time till the battery temperature dropped under 30°C and suddenly the battery status got stable. Apparently the high temperature was the cause.

Then I started to listen what the people are talking about. Aunt and her friends were walking around the garden checking plants, my cousins disappeared somewhere and uncles were arguing about politics, they wondered who to vote for, one of them was wondering about Janusz Korwin-Mikke party and the others were telling him the politican is a crazy guy. My information in this field was not up to date so I brought my tablet (it also stopped to drain battery once temperature went down) and started to read info about the parties staring in the incoming elections (apparently elections were the next day, and I decided I want to vote).

I lost track of time and awareness what is going on around me. I was busy reading. Then my uncle asked me: “Got anything interesting there?”. I gathered enough knowledge so I asked him: “Are you still talking about politics” and once he said “Yes” I started to tell about what I just learned. Then I looked at the guy wanting to vote for J.K-M and told him there is a new party with similar pillars but not so crazy leader and it might be a better choice because I agree J.K-M isn’t someone wise to choose (for people interested: some assume J.K-M got undiagnosed Asperger – he is rigid, he can’t act correctly in social situations, he tends to monologue about his topics of interests and he got uncommon tone voice and way of speaking, not a good politician material). Then I described the party ideas. They asked me a name and I said that it is right, the guy is in the party. All of them agreed the party I was speaking about – Polska Razem – seem like a good idea if someone wants a party with similar status but without J.K-M leader.

Then they started to talk about something else and I got on some forums, killing time and getting unaware of my surroundings again. After a while I realized it is getting cold – so come to the house, got my sweater, a jacket and put on 2 pairs of socks because 1 was not enough and returned. I looked at the people. Everyone was sitting around the table, eating, smiling, talking. A few people had some sweaters on but half of them was still wearing t-shirts and shorts. C’mon... Weren’t they cold?

I sat on my spot again but put my tablet next to me instead of browsing the net. I decided to listen what they speak about. I can’t remember. There was 2 or 3 conversations at the same time. I couldn’t focus on just one. But then a sound come and right above us appeared a low plane. “What’s going on? Why is it flying so low?” – someone asked and I answered instantly “It is going to land in Kraków. Today there was a change of wind – thunderstorms were moving east to west instead usual west to east so the planes are going to land opposite of the way they usually do since they always land and start opposite of the wind. I am will check for more info.” then I got my tablet again and checked flightradar to see what the plane is. It was from Edinburgh to Kraków. I was right... and I got focused on an interest too much again. Fortunately they catched the topic and asked me about the application that I used and I was more than happy to answer.

It was getting dark. I looked at the sky – there were still clouds but I got a feeling they will soon disappear, the starts will show up and the night sky will be visible better than yesterday due to less air humidity. I was supposed to go to sleep early (next day I had to wake up at 6:40 again) but how could I resist the possibility to spend a few hours under the black sky? Even in a place where light pollution is big? I decided to stay much longer.

Soon my cousins come. One of them brought his electric guitar. I got scared it is going to scare me off so I told him “I beg you, just don’t set it too loud” but surprisingly I was able to stand the sound. I guess my sensory issues decided to stay on leash today (maybe it was because it was so dark around?). My cousin started to play, he did it surprisingly well – he is only 14 year old and he could play the beginnings of a few songs. Everyone started to tell him what he should play, got their android phones out and started to play their own music arguing which one he should learn and giving him advises. I really admired he is able to stand it and not lose his confidence. He was trying almost everything and showing what he already can play. I had problems recognizing the songs by the sound so I asked him for the titles and found the lyrics on my tablet. It ended up I know the songs.

I started to sing. They looked at me surprised. “You can sing?”, “You got a great voice!”, “Why won’t you go to the Idol?”, “How possible you know all the words?” – they started to say. I was not sure if they are being sarcastic or not but I didn’t care. Singing was fun and I finally found a way to spend the evening without worrying what they are speaking about. Every time they told my cousin to play a song I was checking the song on youtube and singing. I only needed a few first words to be able to sing the whole song. Soon my cousin stopped to play and they started to tell me what song I should play on my tablet. I was singing along with the vocalists. On some songs other people joined me but they were missing some words. And I could sing clearly almost every song I ever listened. Despite of the fact I am not interested into music and all I listen is the radio and songs my mom plays at home and I listen to them only because I have no choice – my mom loves music and won’t let me turn it off... They asked me how I am doing it and I said I can hear the song with a second long advance in my head so I hear the words and voice melody in my mind before the vocalist sings them so I can sing with him, keeping the melody. They told me I am savant. I told them it is just my photographic memory.

I was singing like that for about 2 hours. Then midnight came and I decided it is time for me to go to bed. I said goodbye (they seemed unhappy I am leaving because they apparently had a lot of fun with me and my tablet), took a shower and went to bed. I left the window open to look at the dark sky (the stars appeared, I was right about the visibility) and I could hear them talking in the garden so I couldn’t sleep. But for some reason I didn’t care. I was happy and fell full of energy. Weird.

I fall asleep about 2AM when they finally decided to stop and I wake up at 6:08, 30 mins before the alarm clocks. There was a lot of sun in the room (it heads east, the room in my house heads south so I am not used to so much sun in the morning, sun appears in my room about 11AM) so I got scared I overslept. But I didn’t. I laid down again but I didn’t fall asleep anymore. I wasn’t sleepy. I was full of energy and only my “sandy” eyes were a sign I slept only 4h. I closed my eyes and reminded my dream – I was attending a judo lesson with my cousin and I beat him up. A clear relation to yesterday’s playing and singing.

Then when the right time come I got up, put my clothes on and went to wake up my dad which didn’t wake up yet which was surprising because he usually wakes up by that time. I looked at him and a stupid though come to my mind – he was not moving and his eyes were closed, what if he was dead? Then I seen him breathing. I touched his hand, he didn’t wake up. I told him “Grandpa” and my own voice surprised me – it was great, beautiful. I had no idea I can use such sweet tone of voice. “Grandpa” I repeated using the same voice and grandpa moved but didn’t wake up. “Grandpa, wake up.” – I said, still same voice. Grandpa opened his eyes and smiled. Even I could see it is a honest, surprised smile and he isn’t angry with me at all even though he usually doesn’t like when someone wakes him up.

When Later at the day I returned to home I overheard my grandma talking to aunt. She said she heard me waking up the grandma and she described my voice as “a little angel”. And it looked like grandpa was very happy the whole day. But maybe it was the weather or something? I was in a perfect mood too. Or maybe it was all because I was in a great mood and my mood made him happy too? I don’t know.

Anyway. It was a very nice weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment