Saturday, June 07, 2014

Lost cat

My cat got lost (is is not home 5 days already ;/) so I told my parents we should go to ask some people around if they seen him. My parents told me: "Noone did, people don't care about cats." and refused to do this (they only asked our nearest neighbor a few days ago - he told us he seen the cat Wednesday morning) so I decided to go alone. I choose an area of rent gardens close to my house because I figured out it is a nice spot for a cat to hunt for mouses so Ipek (my cat) might be there or at least he might come there if he is hungry and there must be a lot of people there because it was very sunny day. 

At first I was scared. I entered the area looking around, feeling like I am not supposed to be there - I am not a resident of those and I was not a quest so I was feeling like encroaching someones territory, uninvited and unwanted.  But I told myself it is something that has to be done and I am the only one who can do this because my stupid parents don't give a damn and it is totally ok to walk there because I am not doing anything back and there is like 20 gardens in the area so walking the track between those doesn't make me look suspicious at all.

I come to the fence of the first garden. An old woman was sitting on a deckchair there. I asked her: "Umm... excuse me. Have you seen a cat? Black-orange, with long fur and very big tail, like a squirrel.". "There is a lot of cats walking here. I have seen a orange one passing by..."  -she answered. "Not orange. Black-orange. Almost all black, just with some orange spots on it's back. And I don't mean today. The cat got lost this Monday and I am trying to figure out where is the territory he used to hunt at so I get a clue where to look for him. Here, its his photo.". Then I showed her a photo of the cat and she said she haven't seen him around but told me to ask other people and look near the area of pond in the middle of gardens. So I did.

I was asking and showing the photo to anyone I seen (however I was not desperate enough to call a man using loud lawnmower, too much noise for me) and I found the pond I had no idea it is there before. There was no cats around though and almost none of those people seen my cat. But the people renting a garden nearest to the pond said they know my cat and seen him many times. Then the owner of the garden told me he seen the cat last Wednesday near the corner shop two streets away. It was some good news. It was 2nd time someone told me he seen the cat last Wednesday in our area. The cat got lost in the Monday so it means he might be alive, just walking around. I was afraid my neighbor was wrong but second person saying the same confirms his words.

I went back to the house and told my mom to go with me to check the shop area. She agreed since she had to do some shopping anyway. Then problems started. I can do it if I am alone but if there is someone with better social skills around I prefer if they do the talking. My mom is a secretary and likes her job, so she should have no problem getting information from strangers. But she wasn't doing anything. She did the shopping and got to pay. I asked her silently: "Will you ask?", she nodded but was doing nothing. I repeated: "Will you?". "Then ask her yourself." - my mom answered. That was unfair. Why was I supposed to do it? I forced her "You ask. You are better with people.". Then she asked and I showed the photo. Unfortunately the shopkeeper said she havent seen the cat since she works here only on weekends.  

We left the shop and walked around a bit. We seen some people in the gardens around houses. I told my mom to ask them but her answer was "They are busy." and when I forced she told me "Then do it if you care that much". Damn it. I come to a woman living close to the shop and asked her. She didn't even look at me or the photo and told me she haven't seen any cat. I got discouraged. I didn't ask anybody else, just went home.

I hope the cat is going to go back. The shop is not that far from my house so if he is really somewhere there he should be able to find the way when he feels like it. So far the weather is nice and I bet there is a lot of mouses around so I guess the cat feels no need to return home just now. Cats can go out for even a few months and then return as if nothing happen, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment